We live in an attention economy; everything is vying for it. The one thing that we most need to pay attention to, God, can often be the most neglected. Pastor Ryan will focus his message on ,”Always Pay Attention to Jesus”.
- Share any ways you were able to engage with others who may have a differing world view? How did the conversation go?
Read John 15:1-5 and Psalm 91:1-2
- What stood out to you most from today’s sermon?
- Why do you think Jesus used the metaphor of a vine and branches to describe how we need to live? How does this practically happen in your life?
- What is it like for you when you try to pay attention to Jesus? How do we resist compartmentalizing our focus on Jesus?
- What are the obstacles you face in paying attention to Jesus? Why are they so hard to turn from?
- Think back to times when you have felt close and refreshed in the Lord. What was making that happen? How can you incorporate that focus into your daily life now?
- What is God calling you to do in response to the message today? Share your plan for action.