Don’t we want things to be fair? Do you hate when people cheat and break the rules? But what does fairness really mean? Join us as Pastor Ryan continues teaching from the book of Romans. This week we’ll focus on Romans 2:1-16, “Beware, God is Completely Fair”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any ways you were challenged by what Hans shared about the work of the Lighthouse Mission and reaching out to our community.
Read Romans 2:1-16
- Who is Paul addressing in this passage? Have you ever been smug? How has that played out in your life?
- What does it mean to presume on God’s kindness in 2:4? Who does that? Why do we do that?
- What will God’s judgement be based on? Why is this fair?
- How can we understand this passage in view of salvation by grace through faith? Why is that so important?
- How does God’s kindness actually lead people to repentance? What roll can you play?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Do you need to repent? Do you need to make any changes? Do you need to share the Gospel with someone? Share your plan for action.