Government and politics can be a major source of frustration and conflict. How should a follower of Christ view and respond to government authorities? Pastor Ryan address this topic from Romans 13:1-7, “Christians live as citizens under God’s authority”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any ways you were able to respond to people in the highs and lows, to the lowly, or to those hostile to you.
Read Romans 13:1-7
- What stood out to you most from today’s message?
- What is the ultimate source of governments? How can this hold true for evil and unjust governments throughout history?
- We are commanded to pay our taxes. What should be our approach to taxes that you disagree with or to government programs that violate scripture?
- How can you show honor to the authorities?
- What are the criteria for not submitting to authorities? How can we be sure?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Share your plan for action.