The Christmas story is filled with announcements of the greatness of the Christ who was born and the glory of His eternal kingdom. However, there is one announcement that strikes a different tone and points to resistance and opposition. Pastor Ryan continues his Christmas sermons in Luke 2:22-35 where we’ll learn that “Christmas Demands a Decision”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any ways experienced the presence of God in your life.
Read Luke 2:22-35
- What stood out to you most from today’s message?
- Why do you think God had Simeon deliver this message to Mary and Joseph?
- Why is Jesus so polarizing and the cause of family divisions? How has this played out in your own experience?
- What keeps people from responding to Jesus in faith? What does this reveal about people’s hearts?
- How do you view Jesus? Why?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Share your plan for action.