Can hope survive a trial or suffering? Yes, Pastor Ryan will demonstrate that suffering can actually increase our hope from Romans 5:1-8; “Christ’s blessings give us an unshakable hope.”
- Reflect over this past week and share any ways your faith was strengthened in Christ.
Read Romans 5:1-8
- Verses 1-2 list several blessings from being in Christ, which one is most meaningful to you? Why? How have you experienced it in your life?
- Verse 2 uses the word rejoice, which also means to boast or be confident. Why are we able to be confident in the glory of God? How do we apply that?
- Verse 3 makes the claim that we also rejoice/boast in our sufferings? Why would we do that? How do they lead to more hope? Share a time when you experienced this.
- How does character play out in our lives? How does suffering develop that?
- How do we experience God’s love in our hearts? How does this help us through suffering. Share any examples you know of?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Do you need to be encouraged in suffering? Do you need to encourage someone else? Do you need to be reminded of Christ’s blessings? Share a plan for action.