- Look back over the past week and share any results from building supports in your life to get alone with God?
- What stood out to you from today’s message?
- Pastor Nate asked the question- what if God raised up our church and our lives “for such a time as this.” How have you seen God working during this time?
- Reread Acts 1:9-11. The disciples were staring into the sky; what are things that distract you from the mission Jesus gave us?
- Pastor Nate reminded us that the church does not primarily exist to meet our needs, but rather our needs are met as we meet the needs of others. Have you found this to be true? How can we apply it to our lives?
- Here are Pastor Nate’s application points. Which ones are really addressing your life situation right now? Make it a focus for prayer and reflection this week.
- We choose Faith over Fear- 1 Timothy 1:6,7
- We choose Mission over Mania- we can ignore what we’re supposed to be outraged about on social media and instead meditate on God’s word. Psalm 13
- The greatest opportunity for the Gospel of Jesus Christ is occurring in our lifetime. Practice social distancing without being socially distant. Eph 5:15-16, Colossians 4:5,6
- We are all simmering and getting frustrated. Focus on James 1:19-21
- Parents you have an incredible opportunity to disciple your kids, and grandparents to disciple grandkids. 2 Timothy 2:2
- If you’re dealing with fear economically- the antidote is to give something away.