- What stood out to you most from today’s message?
- What are the situations and reasons that you fear others (care about what they think)? What feelings does it produce in you? What actions does it make you take?
- Why do we place so much value (weight/glory) on what other people think of us?
- Read Psalm 34:1-10- how does this passage demonstrate God’s glory being enough for us? How can we apply it to our personal need for approval?
- What is God specifically leading you to do in response to today’s message? Who can you share this with?
- Reread Ephesians 3:14-19- How does this describe the fullness of the Gospel taking root in our lives? How does it relate to our desire for people’s approval?
- Using Ephesians 1:3-14, go through the 4 Questions to apply the Gospel to your specific situation regarding fearing others:
- Who is God? What has he done in Christ? Who am I in Christ? How do I live by faith in this truth?
- Memorize the first 2 “God is” statements and see how you can apply them this week
- God is great, so I don’t need to be in control
- God is glorious, so I don’t have to fear others
For Further Reading Pastor Ryan Recommends:
Gospel Fluency: Speaking the Truths of Jesus into the Everyday Stuff of Life.
By Jeff Vanderstelt
You Can Change: God’s Transforming Power for Our Sinful Behavior and Negative Emotions.
By Tim Chester