What does a genuine search to know God look like? What does it look like when someone isn’t really interested? Pastor Ryan helps us answer these questions from Romans 3:1-8 where we’ll see that “God’s found in a sincere search, but sees through dishonest debates”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any results from following Christ. Share both highlights and challenges you faced.
Read Romans 3:1-8
- Have you ever felt the sense of “what’s the point then” like Paul describes in verse 1 about your faith? How did you resolve the situation?
- Why is being entrusted with the oracles of God an advantage?
- Why do you think Paul encountered these lines of questioning? What were they getting at? Have you ever experienced similar objections?
- Pastor Ryan brought up the idea of a “red herring” when discussing matters of faith and belief with people. What does this mean? What red herrings have you encountered? How have you dealt with them?
- What stood out to you from the video of Mordechai and his journey to faith? What role did the scripture play? How can we apply this today?
- What action step is God calling you to take based on this passage? Share your plan for action.