Do you ever get tired of all the bad news? Today our study takes a turn from the bad news, the to best news of all. Pastor Ryan teaches from Romans 3:21-26 where we’ll see that “God’s gracious act brings our greatest hope”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any results from following Christ. Share both highlights and challenges you faced.
Read Romans 3:21-26
- What does Paul mean by the righteousness of God apart from the law? Why is this so important?
- Why does Paul describe sin as falling short of God’s glory? What does that mean?
- Pastor Ryan described the idea of paying a ransom. Why would a payment need to be made, couldn’t God just forgive with out this?
- Paul uses the term propitiation, a satisfaction of wrath. Why does God have wrath? Who gets satisfied? Is God divided against himself?
- Why is verse 26 so important to God’s justice?
- What action step is God calling you to take based on this passage? Share your plan for action.