What is God really looking for anyway? Is He looking for religious behavior, or is there more to it? Pastor Ryan helps us answer these questions from Romans 2:17-29 where we’ll see that “God’s not fooled, He sees a genuine heart”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any results from following Christ. Share both highlights and challenges you faced.
Read Romans 2:17-29
- What were the Jews relying on according to this passage? Why were they doing that? What was the problem?
- How can someone’s actions cause God’s name to be blasphemed? Share any examples from your life where you have experienced this.
- How was circumcision being used in this passage? Why was that a problem? What are modern day parallels to this?
- What is God really looking for? Why?
- How can we truly follow God with a sincere heart? What does that look like in your life? How can that be communicated to others?
- What action step is God calling you to take based on this passage? Share your plan for action.