God’s grace has set us free from the burden of the Law, does that mean we are now free to sin? The answer is a resounding no. In Pastor Ryan’s sermon from Romans 6:15-23 we’ll instead to: “Keep obeying Christ, enjoying His righteous rewards.”
- Reflect over this past week and share how being united to Christ kept you free.
Read Romans 6:15-23
- What is the thinking behind the question in 6:15? Have you wondered this? Why is it a resounding no?
- Why does Paul use the analogy of voluntary slavery? Have you found this to be true in your life? How can we be slaves to obedience?
- What does verse 20 mean? Why does it seem desirable to people?
- When we are honest with ourselves, is sin really worth it? How can remembering the past help us with the future?
- What fruit have you experienced in your life from obeying God? What can you do to continue to produce this fruit? Why don’t we?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Is there a reality check you need to do? Do you need to take an honest reflection of your life? Share your plan for action.