Being born human means we are born in the line of Adam, which is why we are doomed to die. But there is great hope in Jesus who brings a new reign of life. Pastor Ryan will teach from Romans 5:12-21; “Live in the life-giving reign of Christ.”
- Reflect over this past week and share any ways that the presence of Christ was real in your life.
Read Romans 5:12-21
- How does it make you feel that Adam’s sin spread sin and death to humanity? To you? Is this fair?
- In Romans 5:15-17 Paul contrasts Adam and Christ. What are the key differences? Which one is most meaningful to you?
- In Romans 5:18-21 Paul compares Adam and Christ. What is similar? Why does Paul do it this way? Which comparison is most meaningful to you?
- What does Paul describe as the purpose of the Law? Why was this necessary? What role does it play today?
- How do you think our current world would respond to understanding they are IN Adam’s sin and death? How does this open a door for explaining Christ? Share any personal experiences you may have had with conversations like this?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Make a plan to put it into practice.