We live in a photoshopped world where we can edit and put forth any image we want to project. But do you long for what is real, true and genuine? Pastor Ryan will teach from 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8; “My hearts desire is for this to be real.”
- Reflect over this past week and share how you felt Christ’s love and presence with you.
Read 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
- Why was there so much conflict for Paul sharing the gospel? In what ways can that be helpful?
- How can we know whether someone is sharing the truth for you benefit, or out for a selfish reason? How does this passage help us discern the genuine motives?
- Why do you think there are so many who are not genuine out there? How do we keep ourselves true to Christ?
- How does God test the hearts of His servants? How have you experienced this?
- When have you experienced a loving genuine community of Christ? What role can you play in creating that now?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Ask Him to test your heart and see what needs to change.