How do we function together as a church when we have so many differing views? What should we prioritize in how we treat one another? Pastor Ryan walks us through the answers to these questions from Romans 14:1-13a, “Our priority is Christian welcome, not imposing our opinions”.
- Reflect over this past week and share how you lived with the idea that Jesus is returning soon.
Read Romans 14:1-13a
- What stood out to you most from today’s message?
- Who are the “weak” being referred to? Why are they called “weak”? Why do you think they held those views?
- Why do you think these differing views caused so much conflict in the church in Rome? How does that play out today?
- Why do you think Paul chose the term “welcome” for how we should treat one another? What does that look like today?
- Pastor Ryan shared 4 reasons why we must welcome one another. Which one stood out most to you? Why? Which one is hardest for you to do? Why?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Share your plan for action.