Did God’s plan not work? After all, if Israel is God’s people, why did so many reject him? Pastor Ryan teaches from Romans 9:6-16 where we’ll see that God’s plan hasn’t failed, He is still graciously keeping his promises. We don’t have to worry we can, “Serve God with Passionate Trust.”
- Reflect over this past week and share any ways you sacrificed to share the gospel with others.
Read Romans 9:6-16
- Why does Paul make a distinction between the children of the flesh and children of the promise? How does this help us understand God’s plan with Israel? With everyone?
- What does it teach us about God that He works through his promises? How has this played out in your life?
- How can we understand God’s merciful choices and it not be “unfair”? How does this inform our understanding of grace?
- Read Romans 11:11-15. How does God use rejection for His purposes? How does this help us understand God’s grace?
- How can we trust that God is working today if it looks like things are getting worse? Share specific examples.
- What action step is God calling you to take? Share your plan for action.