Have you ever felt oppressed by the weight of religion? It can feel like the only solution is to throw it all out. But there is a better answer, joining Christ. Pastor Ryan’s sermon from Romans 7:1-6 will teach us: “The Best Life is in Christ.”
- Reflect over this past week and share how you placed your focus on Christ and what difference that made.
Read Romans 7:1-6
- Why does Paul use the analogy of marriage in verses 1-3? What is he driving at?
- What was the purpose of freeing us from the law according to verse 4? How do we enter into this?
- Pastor Ryan used a chart to demonstrate the differences between being bound to the Law and bound to Christ. The 4 areas of comparison are; Our Drive, Our Status, Our Why, Our Results. Which of these most stood out to you? Which of them are still a struggle? Why?
- How can we continually live joined to Christ and stay on track for him? Why is this so hard?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Is there an area where you need to increase your trust in Him? Share your plan for action.