How does Israel fit into the whole story of salvation? What should we be doing to reach them? What would we be willing to sacrifice to reach anyone with the Good News of Jesus? Pastor Ryan teaches from Romans 9:1-5 where we’ll be challenged that, “The gospel of Christ leads us to sacrifice.”
- Reflect over this past week and share how God’s love was present through any trials or spiritual warfare.
Read Romans 9:1-5
- Why is Paul so burdened for his people? Have you ever experienced such deep concern over others? What brings us to that place?
- What stood out to you from the story of God’s people through years? How does that fill in your picture of God? Of His plan?
- What do you think keeps people from responding to Christ today? How is that similar to what Paul is describing here?
- What does Christ’s passion mean in your life? How does it motivate you?
- What experience do you have with Jewish people today? What role is God calling you to have in reaching them? Reaching anyone?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Share your plan for action.