Is the Christmas story something we should believe? Is it a myth? A legend? Or something we can trust as true history? Pastor Ryan helps us answer these questions from Luke 1:26-38 as he begins his Christmas teaching series; “Trust God’s Intentional Miracle for You”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any results from following Christ. Share both highlights and challenges you faced.
Read Luke 1:26-38
- How does this story strike you? Is it hard to believe? Why or why not?
- Which story takes more faith; the story of the virgin birth of Jesus the son of God, or the virgin birth of the universe from the big bang? Why should we believe either account?
Read Isaiah 9:2 and 9:6
- What do these passages teach us about the purpose of the Christmas event? Why is it significant that salvation comes from “outside”?
- What does the coming of Jesus tell us about God’s power? His love?
- What are the implications of trusting God’s miracle of the incarnation? How does that change how we live?
- What action step is God calling you to take based on this passage? Share your plan for action.