What is the “right” culture for a church? For our church? Pastor Ryan will focus on the culture of Northwest in his sermon for Annual Celebration Sunday; “We Strive for a Christ-Shaped Culture”.
- Reflect over this past week and share any experience related to being sealed by the Holy Spirit.
- How would you describe what culture means? Share any experiences you’ve had being a part of an organization, work-place, school, or team that had a great culture. A bad culture. What made them that way?
Read Colossians 1:13-20
- What does this say about Christ? How should He define the culture of any church?
Read Jeremiah 23:16-22
- What made God so upset? What did He desire the prophets to do? How must this shape our own church’s culture? What are practical ways this plays out?
Read John 4:27-38
- Why did Jesus describe His mission as food? How does that shape our culture? Share practical ideas.
Read Philippians 2:5-8
- What does it mean that Jesus emptied Himself? How do we empty ourselves today? What happens when we do? Is there ever a time when we over empty ourselves?
- What action step is God calling you to respond to regarding the culture of Northwest? How can you be a part of shaping our church culture to be more like Christ?