God is both sovereign and merciful. God both hardens and softens hearts. We will explore the tensions that exist in understanding the sovereignty of God and the response of man. Pastor Ryan preaches from Romans 9:14-26, “We trust the master potter who works all things to show His mercy.”
- Reflect over this past week and share how you connected to God through prayer in a deeper way.
Read Romans 9:14-26
- How can we understand God’s justice and His ability to choose to be merciful? How does the encounter with Moses shed light on this?
- How can we understand God’s hardening of Pharaoh? How does this display God’s mercy? It is unfair?
- How does understanding God as the potter inform our understanding of His sovereignty? His mercy? How do these go together?
- What is the overall point Paul is making in this section? How does this give us hope?
- What action step is God calling you to take? Share your plan for action.