We get a full disclosure of life in rebellion against God as Pastor Ryan teaches from Romans 1:24-32; “When We Trade out God, We are Given Over to the Worst of Ourselves”
- Reflect over this past week and share any ways were able to honor and thank God. What difference did this make in your week?
Read Romans 1:18-32
- Why does God give people over? What does this teach us about human freedom?
- How is being “given over” and exercise of God’s wrath? What does this do to humanity? Share any experiences you have had being given over.
- Pastor Ryan described a conflict between our cultural value to “be true to yourself” and the scriptures teaching that the heart is the source of sin and wickedness. How can we understand this tension? How do we apply the scripture to this issue?
- How can we communicate the wrath of God to a world that doesn’t recognize human sinfulness?
- What can we do to claim the Gospel over our lives this week? How can we share it in the context of the wrath of God? Who is God calling you to reach out to?